Saturday, May 17, 2008

What, its over...

As previously mentioned I am assisting with doing some of the groups at work. One of the group members has not been shy about his desire to not be in one of the groups specifically for those who are "lower functioning". He had talked to his counselor, talked to the group counselor, and even been disrespectful towards peers to the extent of being excused from the group for a period of time.
One day something happened as we were going to group and he wanted to refuse to come. He came. Once we got there he sat by the far wall rather than join the circle. Given the option of joining the circle or leaving all together he decided to join the circle. Upon joining the circle he participated without distracting peers.
On this particular day group had to end early. I had lost track of the time. Upon noticing movement from the adjacent room I asked if some one had the time. It was time to be done.

"What, its over, I don't want it to be done." When I looked at the young man who said it all I could say was... I am going to quote you on that.

No comments: