Wednesday, May 14, 2008

...so when YOU were in school.

It had been quite a week. Everyone was struggling with their behaviors. I sat down to talk with the class. All of the students recognized there were things we could all work on to do better. I was actually very impressed with how willing everyone was to give suggestions concerning a possible positive behavior plan.
One of my students had stood up in the back of the room, wondering a bit. We wasn't distracting anyone. He was still able to participate in the conversation. All of a sudden I realized he was raising his hand patiently waiting (this was impressive) for mee to call on him.
When I did he informed mee that he was going to take down the chalkboard behind me and replace it with the whiteboard in his hand. When I asked why he said, "A chalkboard was so when you were in school."

That one got a good laugh....a really good laugh.

No comments: