Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And another boy...

Last Saturday we celebrated our dads' birthday. They are 29 again...We have been celebrating their 29th birthday for most of my life. A couple of months ago my sister and cousin were discussing how long it had been since we celebrated their birthdays together.

So...the invitations were sent and the family gathered. We were planning on meeting at a park in Meridian. The party time ended up in the middle of a 3-4 day flash flood warning, so we met at a church.

We also liked playing games. Pictionary is a good one for various age levels. 20090615 034Stephanie drew "Happy Birthday" as the last clue. Then we sang and the cakes were presented...

These master pieces were created by my older sister.

20090615 036

When my niece saw the cakes she said, "It's a boy." brief pause to examine the next cake, "And another boy!"

They reply she received was..."That's what the doctor said to Grandma."

2 comments:

Nancy said...

That's great - I love that story, I wish I could have been there.

Rebecca said...

Is the Niece Emily? That is too funny!!!